You will need to define the chosen topic, provide a brief description of the emergent technology, and provide a plan to help you move forward with your research and organization processes. Use the template below to produce your Team Topic Selection and Proposal. Each team member must submit a copy of the selection and proposal. This is a individual assignment. Please provide information with the following below:
Step 1: Identify your topic
Step 2: Identity your topic.
- Provide a paragraph length topic description.
- Define any terms or technologies as needed.
Step 3: Outline major ethical concerns.
- What are the key ethical concerns circulating your topics?
- What is the relationship between your selected technology and ethics?
- Generate a list of at least three ethical questions.
Step 4: Identify a potential argument.
- Propose a preliminary thesis statement that makes a value judgment about your selected technology.
Step 5: Identify potential subtopics for investigation.
- List potential subsections or subtopics that will help explore your technology and the ethical concerns it engages.
- Provide brief descriptions of potential subtopics.
Step 6: Reflect on your role.
- Individual Reflection: This section should be developed individually for each team member as part of his or her individual submissions.
- What will your role be?
- What is your topic?
- How does your topic relate to your proposed thesis statement?
- What is your research plan for moving forward?